Repentance

The words "sorry".

 "REPENTANCE" 

 A Godly Sorrow Brings Repentance

I want to show you what it means to have a godly sorrow.  You can say you are sorry all day long.  And a lot of people have sorrow. They have the sorrow of the world but a Godly sorrow brings repentance.  It brings a change into your life.  

In 2nd Corinthians, 7:8 "For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season. 9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance:" So, you see, he is showing that there is a difference in just being sorry.  There is a godly sorrow.  

When you truly have a godly sorrow in your heart and in your mind for the things that you have done wrong, it will cause you to turn.  See, being sorry is not what meant that he was turned.  He was sorry for what he did.  He had the godly sorrow that caused him to turn.  I hope you can see that. 

Repentance  is not just saying, "I'm sorry for what I've done".  Repentance is actually turning from that.  9 "Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death."

     1.  I am sorry YOU feel that way...I didn't do anything!😣

  2.  I am sorry I was late...I am sorry I was late...I am sorry I was late...I am sorry I was late...I am sorry I was late.😕

    3. I'M SORRY!!!...OKAY?😠 )))))))   OUCH!  You don't seem to be sorry...😒


    4. "Dear God, I did a bad deed...I am truly sorry.  Please forgive me and with your help, I won't do that bad deed again."_Are you able to choose the godly sorrow example?)

If you have sorrow about you...if a sorrow is there because of the world in the way that they are, then there is death to that.  If you get a godly sorrow about you then, there is life in that.

Why?  There is something that comes from that and that comes through the blood of Jesus Christ.  

When Jesus Christ came into this world, he came for an express purpose.  He was to teach people to repent from their sins...to turn from what they were doing.  If you are in sin, turn away from that...don't live that kind of life.  

There's a lot of trouble in this world.  This world is just full of heartache, sorrow, iniquity and wickedness.  If you turn on the news, people are killing other people...people are hating one another and not wanting to do the will of God.  

I want to seek and save those who are lost.


 Watch the entire series  @ 'A Moment of Truth' via YouTube.

This is the 1st of  9 videos on the subject of "Repentance & Water Baptism".  We hope you receive a blessing from watching.

For more info please visit...lookupnlive.net

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello...My name is Stoney Kiser, and I am the Pastor at the Church of God of the Union Assembly in Dalton, GA located @ 2211 S. Dixie HWY.
Welcome to this Blog...Good News! We want to share the good news of Jesus Christ in hopes someone will find help, comfort and peace with the Lord.
Many hours of labor have been bestowed in the production of the YouTube videos @ 'A Moment of Truth' of important bible subjects available 24/7. Watch our 'Live' Sunday Morning online services also available on YouTube and Facebook @ 'Dalton Services' @ 10:30 A.M. (Eastern Standard Time).
We hope something you read or hear spoken will be of encouragement & cause real peace to you wherever you are on your journey of life today and that you will be at peace forever in heaven.
There are many snares and pitfalls in the world we are living in. I want to make a difference in people's lives by showing them the love of Christ and God's Salvation Plan.
Please join our 'Live' services on Sunday Mornings @ 10:30 A.M. (EST)
Thank you,
Sr. Pastor Stoney Kiser

If we don't ever meet in this life, I want to see you in that fair land called Heaven when this warfare has ended on earth.
"Consider what we say, and the Lord will give you understanding in all things."

FEATURED POST

The First Resurrection Has Been!

  "THE FIRST RESURRECTION HAS BEEN!   Some Preachers Teach Otherwise    Most of the preachers of today teach that the first resurrectio...